Q-Sights Key Insights – Week 12
Here are the key topics you need to know about COVID-19 this week. To help you stay abreast of the latest COVID-19 news, guidelines and best practices from Federal, State, National Health Agencies and QHR Health, visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center.
Supply Chain and Pharmacy
- The ninth week of the QHR Health Supply Chain COVID-19 Warehouse program shipments produced another large number of hospitals and lines ordered. This week we are pleased to communicate 100% order fulfillment.
- 45 hospital sent orders for fulfillment
- The warehouse has limited quantities of the following items:
- Tyvek Suits XL and XXL
- XL Gloves in box counts of 90, 180, & 250
- M Gloves box of 300
- Disposable Ponchos
- Dupont shoe covers M & XL
- Next week: hand sanitizer refill bottles and 16oz bottles
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released two COVID-19 related updates this week:
- Reports from a study in Britain indicate the use of Dexamethasone may have reduced the number of deaths for severely ill COVID-19 patients. There have not been releases of the actual study or data. You can read more about this here: Dexamethasone for COVID-19 Treatment
- Continue to monitor HealthTrust’s COVID-19 Pharmacy Resource Center.
- On June 15th, the FDA provided an updated list of approved medical devices for combating COVID-19. Please note, those items in bold type are the newest additions to the list.
- FDA revokes Emergency Use Authorization (EAU) for oral formulations of chloroquine phosphate (CQ) and hydrochloroquine sulfate (HCQ) used for COVID-19 prevention.
- Are We Out of the Forest or Is Our View Blocked by the Trees? How is your community doing compared to available data?
- HHS delays quarterly report, now due July 10, 2020
- CARES Act mandates hospitals provide quarterly report
- HHS announces forms and instructions being developed and will notify hospitals on filing deadlines
- Federal Reserve Announces Main Street Lending for Non For Profit Hospitals
- Federal Reserve now seeking industry inputs and comments
- Fact Sheet Issues
- Favorable Terms on amounts borrowed
- Hospitals and other providers must diligently track “lost revenues”
- CARES Act relief funds distributed to date; approximately $75 Billion
- HHS has yet to clearly articulated repayment possibilities
Visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center site as often as you’d like as we are providing live news feeds from the CDC and CMS to keep all of us updated on the latest news. There is also a document library link located in the bottom right-hand corner of the page where information is being organized by subject categories.
If you need assistance, please reach out to your QHR Health representative.