Q-Sights Key Insights – Volume 26
10/05/20220 – 10/09/2020
Here are the key topics you need to know about COVID-19 this week. To help you stay abreast of the latest COVID-19 news, guidelines and best practices from Federal, State, National Health Agencies and QHR Health, visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center.
Supply Chain and Pharmacy
- The QHR Health Supply Chain COVID-19 Warehouse program fulfilled 97.6% of the items requested this week. 1,591 items were shipped to 20 hospitals.
- Please be sure to monitor the Healthtrust Pharmacy COVID Resource Center. There you will find the latest information on obtaining Veklury (Remdesivir) and vaccine information.
- Please note, in the Vaccine section, the COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate Summary reviews the candidates and storage requirements.
- Warp Speed Distribution Strategy discusses the current strategy by HHS to distribute the Vaccine.
- CMS opens portal for Phase III General Relief Fund Distributions
- Wait times for accessing portal were initially very long
- Providers who have not received General PRFs equal to 2% of net revenue will receive funds equal to 2% of net revenue
- Additional funds distributed to all other providers will appears in December
- CMS releases repayment guidelines on Accelerated and Advanced Loans
- Extends the start of the recoupment period from 120 days to one year from date of loan issuance
- Payment withholding reduced from 100% to 25% for the first 11 months and then 50% for the next 6 months
- If full payment has not been completed after 29 months from loan issue date, interest will accrue at 4% on the unpaid balance
- Extended Repayment Plans also announced for providers in financial distress
Visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center site as often as you’d like as we are providing live news feeds from the CDC and CMS to keep all of us updated on the latest news. There is also a document library link located in the bottom right-hand corner of the page where information is being organized by subject categories.
If you need assistance, please reach out to your QHR Health representative.