Q-Sights Key Insights – Volume 25
9/21/20220 – 9/25/2020
Here are the key topics you need to know about COVID-19 this week. To help you stay abreast of the latest COVID-19 news, guidelines and best practices from Federal, State, National Health Agencies and QHR Health, visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center.
Supply Chain and Pharmacy
- The COVID-19 Warehouse Program had a 77% fulfillment rate this week. 28 hospitals submitted 97 line items and a total of 1,494 items were shipped out. The lower-than-normal fulfillment rate is due to the large volume of gloves requested against low inventory (which is being held up by customs). The team is working on alternate sourcing solutions to fill the gap.
- Be sure to review the Pharmacy Resource Center where HealthTrust posts the most current information on COVID-19.
- HHS releases mandatory reporting guidelines for CARES Act Provider Relief Funds
- Report will be due January 2021
- Actual forms still not published
- 2-step process for reporting and determining whether payments are due back to HHS
- Report COVID-19 related expenses NOT reimbursed from other sources; such as FEMA, business interruption insurance, specific grants
- Report net income change from CY 2019 to CY 2020
- If Provider Relief Funds received are less than the sum of COVID-19 expenses and net income decrease from 2019, will cause repayment to HHS
- Guidance includes very broad definition of COVID-19 expenses to include capital acquisitions and capacity maintenance expenses
- Expecting additional detailed guidance from HHS/CMS during forthcoming weeks
- CMS announces additional $2 billion in funding for nursing homes
- Nursing homes performing well on infection control and lower mortality rates receive funding
- Nursing homes will be benchmarked against other nursing homes in county
Visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center site as often as you’d like as we are providing live news feeds from the CDC and CMS to keep all of us updated on the latest news. There is also a document library link located in the bottom right-hand corner of the page where information is being organized by subject categories.
If you need assistance, please reach out to your QHR Health representative.