Q-Sights Key Insights – Volume 22
8/17/20220 – 8/21/2020
Here are the key topics you need to know about COVID-19 this week. To help you stay abreast of the latest COVID-19 news, guidelines and best practices from Federal, State, National Health Agencies and QHR Health, visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center.
- HHS Announces enhanced Documentation Standards for COVID-19 Inpatients
- Hospitals receive 20% increase in MS DRG Payment Amount if inpatient has a COVID-19 diagnosis
- Effective September 1, Hospital Inpatient Medical Record Chart must have COVID-19 Lab Test Results
- Repayment of 20% will be required if chart does not include Lab Test Results upon review or audit
- Health and Human Services updates FAQ document related to Emergency Relief Funds
- Hospitals and other providers can apply for Additional General Relief Funds
- Will receive additional payment if General Relief Funds previously received do not exceed 2% of Net Patent Revenue
- Hospitals are advised to ensure General Relief Funds received are equal to 2% of Net Revenue
Visit the QHR Health COVID-19 Online Resource Center site as often as you’d like as we are providing live news feeds from the CDC and CMS to keep all of us updated on the latest news. There is also a document library link located in the bottom right-hand corner of the page where information is being organized by subject categories.
If you need assistance, please reach out to your QHR Health representative.