FDA Hand Sanitizer Advisory
The U.S. FDA advises consumers not to use any hand sanitizer manufactured by Eskbiochem SA de CV in Mexico, due to the potential presence of methanol (wood alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested. FDA has identified the following products manufactured by Eskbiochem:
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
QHR Health PPE Safety and Hand Sanitizers:
The QHR Health COVID-19 Warehouse utilizes an extensive review process for all suppliers and vendors of the products that it provides. This includes hand sanitizers. At no time has the QHR Health warehouse stocked or shipped ANY hand sanitizer product that contains methanol (wood alcohol) manufactured in Mexico. More specifically, products manufactured by the Mexican company referenced in the article, Eskbiochem SA de CV of Mexico, have not been procured nor shipped.
If you have any questions, please contact your QHR Health Supply Chain representative.